Hey Omaha Game Devvers. I’m hosting a shindig for this year’s Molyjam at my house on July 5-7. Come.
Molyjam is a 48-hour game jam where everyone makes a game inspired by one of @petermolydeux‘s crazy tweets. (EDIT: The theme for this year was just announced, and instead, we’ll be making games inspired by actual Peter Molyneux quotes!) If you’ve never finished a game, this is a great opportunity because at the end of 48 hours, you’ll have that first game. And if you have finished a game, this is a great creative exercise. Last year, some 300 games were completed.
Don’t have the skillz to make your own game? Come anyway and join a team! Can’t come for the whole thing? Whatevs, stop in and do a 48-minute jam of your own, or just stop by to say hi and see what’s cooking. Or just show up for the presentations of the completed games on Sunday night.
We’ll try to stream the presentations on Sunday for those who can’t be there.
- July 5
- 6:00 PM – Doors open, make teams.
- 7:00 PM – The jam begins
- July 6
- All day – Maek gams
- July 7
- All day – Games make
- 7:00 PM – Presentation of games
- 9:00 PM – Get out of my house!
You’re free to stay and pull all-nighters if you’re into that sort of thing.
What to bring
- Your tools of the trade: computers, art stuff, brains
- Extension cords/surge protectors if you need them. I’ll do what I can in this area, but we can always use more.
- Good hygiene. I’ll also do what I can in this area, but no promises.
- Beverages/snacks/food. We’ll play this by ear.
- We may need some extra folding tables/chairs depending on how many come. Let me know if you have something you can bring.
If you want to come, even just for a visit, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how long you think you’ll be staying. Or, leave a comment on this post with your email address. Or, hit me up on twitter @VinceTwelve.
I’ll email everyone who isn’t a serial killer my home address.
I don’t know how many are planning on coming, but it probably won’t be a huge crowd, (Hell, it might just wind up being me and my dog) so space shouldn’t be a problem. Give me a shout!